Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Night Manager

CZinSC

The Wife and i just finished watching The Night Manager on Amazon prime.  It's a 6 episode mini series based on a Jonn LeCarre novel.   I probably wouldn't do it justice describing it, so i copied the Plot below from the internet.  Basically, it was a good series that we enjoyed.   I would recommend it.

Based on John le Carré's novel of the same name, "The Night Manager" is a crime drama following the work of former British soldier Jonathan Pine. Hotel night porter Pine is contacted by an intelligence operative who asks for his assistance to spy on international businessman Richard Roper. The entrepreneur is believed to have forged a criminal alliance between the secret arms trade and the intelligence community, prompting the need for surveillance. Pine attempts to infiltrate Roper's inner circle by becoming a felon himself, while keeping his mission a secret from his hotel colleagues and girlfriend.

I liked that miniseries quite a bit, it was a nice balance of suspense/"will he get away with it" but didn't leave you smacking yourself in the forehead at how stupid people can be -- an all-to-common shortcoming of so many dramas I've watched lately. 

It was cool seeing House again too, as a bad guy.