Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Xtreme

ARMAGEDON

Good afternoon everyone.     I have a Tanfoglio Stock II and i want to paint it (Cerakote) like the Tanfoglio Xtreme.

Does anyone know what is the name of the color slide of the Xtreme?

Talked to Cerakote and they tell me that the name of the color is Burnt Bronze.    But when you look at it is not the same.   Anyone know the exact name of the color?

Thanks

You know I've done a lot of cerakote work and that I'm a Tanfo guy. In my opinion they mix burnt bronze with a little bit of black and darken it slightly.

Also remember that you're looking at photographs with questionable white balance and color temperatures: unless you compare the two in person it would be impossible to say.

I will say that burnt bronze and black on the same gun look amazing: that's the color scheme I'd pick.

A total Xtreme clone will also require 3 colors: you'd need stainless for the controls. That's roughly $100-120 just in raw materials from Cerakote and will drive the price of the project up.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I have a stock 2 xtreme and I also had my cz slide cerakoted the burnt bronze color. They are not even close in comparison. The burnt bronze cerakote color is nicer and in my opinion, looks better then the stock 2 xtreme bronze color.

I ended up having my stock 2 xtreme cerakoted tunsten all around anyways,