Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well, I am depressed......

MikieM

On 8/5/2017 at 8:31 PM, MikieM said:

Got a package from Tanfoglio. It came all the way from Brescia, Italy. It was a new safety.

The problem is it's the wrong safety. For some damn reason they sent me an ambi-safety for an Elite/Gold. In my original email I specifically informed them that my gun was a Witness Stock II Xtreme. A gun I'm sure they are familiar with.

I'd better not say anything else or Sarge will bust my chops for bad mouthing them.

At least you didn't get Ducati parts! As I am sure my small parts order from Ducati Italy 6 months ago likely got mixed up with your Tanfo safety somehow.......

One good thing about Italian stuff: at least it looks really good when it is sitting there! I keed, I keed!

28 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

At least you didn't get Ducati parts! As I am sure my small parts order from Ducati Italy 6 months ago likely got mixed up with your Tanfo safety somehow.......

One good thing about Italian stuff: at least it looks really good when it is sitting there! I keed, I keed!

I know! If it weren't for the crying part I'd be laughing.

The good news, (I just received it) however, is the blue set of fitted safeties have just been shipped from Metaloy, and will arrive Wednesday. :)

Installed the hard chrome safeties. They look as good, or better, then the OEM.

Even better than all that is the fact that I just now sold it.

There will be no more Tanfos for me. At least not in this lifetime. :P

Hey, you guys over in CZ Land. Can I hang out with you all for a while?  :D

• 4 weeks later...

My brand new Stock3 has this same issue, the frame is even marked up where the Italian guy forced the broken detent in the frame notch.  I was wondering why the frame was marked and the Safety lever wouldn't reinstall.  

Not even going to try EAA for warranty, sounds like it's not worth it.  Hoping to stop by PD to pick up a replacement a safety.

9 hours ago, Sc0 said:

My brand new Stock3 has this same issue, the frame is even marked up where the Italian guy forced the broken detent in the frame notch.  I was wondering why the frame was marked and the Safety lever wouldn't reinstall.  

Not even going to try EAA for warranty, sounds like it's not worth it.  Hoping to stop by PD to pick up a replacement a safety.

I feel your pain. Pass the Lasagna. :lol: