Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.38 super load for Tanfoglio Gold Custom V12

Mad85CH

Hi guys from the west! :D

I am new here and i was wondering if we could get some more loading data for the Tanfoglio Gold Customs .38 SA V12 users together.  :rolleyes:

I didn't really find much that was in current use for these guns?!  Just something with VV 3N38 but it was from the year 2008 i belive!? Would that be all?

Currently i am test-shooting with swiss-made powders. It's called Relaod Swiss RS24. I don't know if you guys can get this in the USA?!

I am using the following components:

Reload Swiss RS24 9.5gr

CCI 550 SP Magnum primers

Nickel Remington + P brass .38 SA

COL: 31.6mm ( 1.245 )

.355 124gr ( more around 122.5gr to 123gr if you ask me!) GECO FMJ 2318143 bullet. Lenght of the bullet is 15.54mm (0.612)

I am just getting around 1270 to max. 1320 FPS. Not enough for major factor with some reserve. Next week i will try it with 9.7gr!:devil:

But are there some others handloads which some guys use RIGHT NOW? Such with major power factor and enough reserve and clean burn?!

The barrel with the V12 :rolleyes: sucks a lot of powder so i think there is always 9gr + needed with every other products. If not even more!

I am pretty sure i can get these powder at my location: VV 3N37, VV 3N38, VV N105, Vectan SP2, Alliant Blue Dot and others i don't know which fit for .38SA

I would be very happy for some good advices!!

THX and cheers!