Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 1

Majja

Well I got to get hands on with a Romeo 1 on a 226 the other day at my LGS.  I have to say It was brighter then I expected such a small dot to be and i really liked the small footprint.  I also felt the color was very close to my old C-more.

That being said I would not buy the one I was playing with as it appeared to have 2 dots.  Basically one in the center and one just off at about the 10 oclock position.  I have handled other sig dots and they were very crisp and I love my Kilo 2000 rang finder.

This was my first hands on on a fire arm with a microdot and I am 100% sure that is going to be my new optic, now I just have to decide on with one and then find a mount.  Leaning heavily to either a Romeo 3. Vortex Razor 6 moa or DeltaPoint.  

I am still open to suggestions as no money has been put out yet so if anyone has advice on this please let me have it.

Matt

I am currently running a Romeo 3 on a Brazos mount. 3moa coming from a6moa slide ride. I love the sig, the other dot I was contemplating was the delta point pro, but got the sig of eBay for a killer price. I like the smaller dot and compact size. Mine has only about 8 to 12 matches on it, but trouble free.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am not sure why there would have been a second dot. It's not something I have seen on the three R1s I gave.  Check to ensure the far side of the lens is clean perhaps. 

The R1 still hasn't hit the market sold seperatly from the complete RX guns. I think it's a solid sight that stands up to recoil very well. The battery life is very good. My only complaint is that it could be slightly brighter I think. 

SIG has been taking feedback and I think we can expect even better things to come from SIG. 

The Romeo3 are pretty easy to find. Slightly larger overall but the hight on the lens is also taller and the dot is brighter. It's holding up very well on open guns and has a five year warranty on the electronics (lifetime on hardware). 

Atlas makes a specific Open gun mount for the R3 that incorporates a blast shield. I actually just bought a second R3 even though I don't know exactly what I will be putting it onto yet. I just found a good deal on the ebay and knew it was worthwhile so I jumped. 

Thanks for the replies.  I am like 99% sure I am going with the R3 just saving my pennies at the moment.  My luck is just after I buy it they will drop the 2.0 and the prices of the 1.0 will drop.

Matt