Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rusting 650:(

I hate to say it, but it's been a few years since I have reloaded, and first thing I find out is that my 650 is full of rust.

I made the mistake of using WD-40 on the main shaft, and joints. Of course after it was all done, I remembered to use motor oil, or bearing grease.

The rust is still there on the lower shaft, any suggestions on removing it, and degreasing it at the same time?

I hate to say it, but it's been a few years since I have reloaded, and first thing I find out is that my 650 is full of rust.

I made the mistake of using WD-40 on the main shaft, and joints.  Of course after it was all done, I remembered to use motor oil, or bearing grease.

The rust is still there on the lower shaft, any suggestions on removing it, and degreasing it at the same time?

Give dillon a call, they will make it good. They have certainly covered some mistakes of mine that were clearly no fault of their own.

Use WD-40 and either steel wool or a scotch-brite pad to remove the rust. Use 30-wt motor oil to lube the shaft. On blued parts, such as the primer shield, handle, etc, clean them the same way, then car paste wax as a moisture barrier to prevent future rust. If you remove the shaft, contact us so we can mail an alignment tool, necessary to realign the platform. :ph34r: