Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area-4

hopalong

Area 4 has come and went, Good Riddance !!!!!!

7 hr drive down Thursday, shoot Friday AM. and Saturday PM.... HOT both days but Friday PM was the worst of the bunch. Sunday AM, Awards, prize table and 7 hrs home.

I got to meet all the other Revolver shooters but Jerry Quisenberry, seemslike you can never meet them all.

Most stages were what I would call revolver Neutral, there is a way but you really had to look for it on some.

Lots of ports and hard angles, some long shots (excluding the 50 yd standards) and some fast close stuff(most of the time had some kind of hard cover or no shoots though)

a sliding plate rack at 15 yds or so....

2 sets of sliding paper targets with two shoot and a no shoot between that came to rest behind Hardcover steel. as did the plate rack mentioned above....

Had a consistant match myself, need to work on moving targets a little though...

The sliding paper targets were about 15 yds also but they turned out to be easier than they looked( We make some stuff harder than it really is)

Aside from the sliding targets and the stars it was a pretty much gimmick free match but an extremely hard match, I think about the hardest one I have shot to date, including 2 USPSA Nationals.

Arthur Lasseigne kept pressure until the end and ended up the Area - 4 revolver Champion (good shooting Arthur, see you at Barry) guys watch him he's a force to reckon with !!!!

Rudy could not make it and sent Edgardo Catalan who did a fine job on His own.

Dennis Gillaland and Ken Spruiell got to shoot together and team up on the rest of us but just ran out of time. Good meeting you Dennis and good to see you again Ken !!!

Only got to talk to Robin Woods but maybe next time i can get to see him shoot too.

In closing this match had to be about the hardest match I have ever shot and not far from the hottest either.

OPEN friendly to say the least, NOT complaining but making an observation.

Thanks to all who worked so hard, RO's, Stats, the others not seen behind the scenes, you did a FINE job !!!!

Congrats to all who participated, just shooting this match was an accomplishment !!!

At least it did not rain again !!!!!!

HOPALONG

Scores are up at the USPSA website !!!

I'll second that difficulty comment. "Non-disappearing" steel with maybe an inch of the top of the plate showing above steel hard cover at 15-20 yards is definately an Open gun challenge.

I sucked in either case, but I think we had a fairly good turnout.