Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Reassembly Question

Steppenwolf

I just picked up my Shadow 2 today. Took it to the range and fired 200 rounds. Nice, accurate gun.

When I got home I decided to take the aluminum grips off and give it a cleaning to get the grease off of parts. I decided to try a 13# mainspring and works fine with the grips off. When reassembling the grips it appears that the hammer must be in the back (cocked) position to get the aluminum grips on correctly unless I'm doing something wrong. The inside-the-grip metal plate cover for the mainspring appears otherwise to block part of the grip screw hole. I didn't want to force things together. Does the metal plate sit toward the back of the grip (behind the screws) with the screws in or more forward of the grip screws when the grips are on? If anyone can offer some quick advice I'd appreciate it. When in doubt I like to ask and I hope I'm making sense. Thanks.

Edited by Steppenwolf
Typo

It sounds like you may have put the plate back in reverse of what it should be. Or the top hole portion of the stamped plate isn't back in the thru pin. Or the bottom isn't realigned in its groove properly. Any pics?  When installed correctly, it shouldn't block the grips screws holes at all. 

I think that you are right about the plate. When I took out the pin the plate dropped off and perhaps I did not notice the orientation of the hole the pin fits in. Does the plate pin hole face the rear of the grip? In that position it appears that the screw holes are not blocked. Thanks.

Many thanks for the assist gentlemen. I was not expecting the plate to just fall out after pushing the top pin holding it out. I should have "observed" its orientation prior to punching out the pin. The 13# mainspring yielding a better DA/SA pull.

I changed the red fiber optic to green, but unlike the Dawson front sights with notches to cut the rod off easily with a razor blade, I had to do microsurgery on this one so as not to scratch the sight. Pistol is back together and functioning fine.

My first group of 20 shots at 30' had 19 in the black center dot of an NRA pistol target and 9 out of 10 in the black center dot at 40'. I noticed at 50' I was shooting a few inches low, but I think that is a getting used to the sight issue. Ran flawlessly for 200 rounds including running a box of WWB through it as well.

I appreciate the quick help on the forum!

Edited by Steppenwolf

My main spring plug went flying into the wall as soon as I removed the brake spring. I had to look on my hands and knees for the main spring plug lol.

I also had to install and reinstall the brake multiple times. Luckily last time I swapped main springs I was smarter in the order of the items I removed lol.

Alot of trial and error lol!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk