Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First 3 weeks with my Tanfoglio

Balakay

I picked this up on the forum with minimal use, a lot of PD parts and a nice polish job.  I was told that the  DA /SA was 6#6oz/3# with a 14# PD Hammer spring.

As this was my first Tanfo, I decided to strip it for educational purposes.  I polished everything again for giggles.  Sent it to PD for a barrel reaming.  I bought a FO front sight but I have not changed the stock black sight yet as I kind of like it.  Added a conefit guide, Henning basepads, Canik trigger pin and a 12# Hammer spring. Did another round of polishing.  Lots of dry fire, almost all DA which is new coming from 1911/2011s.  1100 rounds of live fire, mostly indoors, waiting for holster and mag pouches to arrive. 

Grips are a work in progress.  Scales 1.0 were too thin and not grippy enough for me, coming from aggressive SVI grip.  Scales 2.0 were marginally better.  Currently have the Copper Grips Lava Rock texture.  Like the texture and width.  Fit and finish is what you would expect with a ~$30.00 grip.  (Will definitely try the PD offerings)

In SA, it lights ALL primers--CCI, Winchester, S&B, and Federal.

IN DA with a 12# spring-- 100% Fed, ~90% Winchester.  ~75% CCI and S&B

I decided to shoot a match today.  The only local match was the new IDPA classifier. Had been traveling all weekend, flight got in late, 4 hours of sleep....Finished 3rd.  My first classification in SSP.  Gun performed beautifully.  I was sloppy on the head shots costing me an Expert classification.. The double action was a non issue.  What will take more practice is the transition from DA to SA.  The reset is super short and there is really no need to prep the trigger. A few splits were a little too fast for my comfort.  

In summary, I am really pleased with this gun. All I need is to find better grips.  If I get the courage, the magwell will be reamed out. Contemplating buying a Stock 2/3.  Always need a back up!!

IMG_4216.JPG.948d04571c225cd1b38a1720451a2fdc.JPG