Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mike Tyson Losing - Again!

chp5

I really liked Mike Tyson when he first came up in the heavyweight division. He was a disciplined, fearsome fighter. He was also very good for the sport IMO. I still remember him crushing Michael Spinks in less than 30 seconds.

Unfortunately, Tyson is a prime example of the old adage: “lie down with dogs and you’ll wake up with fleas.” After Cus Dimato - his adopted father and trainer died, Tyson got bad advice, bad training, bad friends and woke up with fleas.

He became broke, $40 million in debt, a women beater, a drinker and ultimately – a loser. He had the potential to be one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport. He threw it all away and is nothing but a sad story and footnote in history.

what i've noticed is that tyson couldnt take much of a punch. he beat a lot of people without ever taking a serious punch. when he started getting hit, he started falling over.

i loved his quote about quitting: "I don't want to disrespect the sport that I love." ummm, mike, i'm pretty sure you took care of that when you bit a guys ear off!