Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M2 fitting, LOP and pitch

So I was plugging away at steel with my new M2 last weekend. Often shooting very high. I need to change the drop, but while I was at it I was looking at shortening the LOP and testing different pitches. Usually I would shove some quarters in the butt pad plate but the M2 comfort tech butt pad just squishes in the stock. Any thoughts on how to mod the LOP and test pitch before cutting up my stock? 

I had my shotgun sent out, short answer is I don't have the stock case, shims or choke tool. lol. I know I need a C/D shim for that. The B shim is in it now and it has 55mm of drop, C/D should cure that. But even with the TTI crew tuning my shotgun up and trimming the butt pad, it still hangs up on my shirt and feels like the LOP is a little too long. 

3 hours ago, ffgats said:

how about the M2 Compact Stock, a little expensive only

It sounds like it will be easier to customize the LOP if I buy a Standard stock, add noveskes butt pad plate and bolt on a limbsaver. Some guys have made plugs for the comforttech lop mods but no one has shown me a clean way to do it. The non comforttech stock is about 150, the noveske plate is 10, and the limbsaver is 33. Bonus is I can cut the stock with a chop saw.

I am using the slimmest of their pads, it measures around 13 7/8", personally I prefer 13.25" LOP,  Tried using the Limbsaver before with my 1301, didnt like it, a little bit sticky when shouldering, maybe for Trap or Hunting is fine. . Unfortunately dont have the budget to buy the Compact model. if not mistaken it will have a 13 to 13.5 LOP.