Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Reloading techniques

jeffck2

Long story short, I used to 3 gun back in 2012-13, ended up having to take a break until this year due to new job, relocating, and a pretty solid injury. That being said when I was 3 gunning the only game in town for shotgun reloads was weak hand from 4 shell or 6 shell strippers. My old belt is still set up with 6 Man Mountain Engineering caddys. Is this technique obsolete or antiquated? It seems from what I have seen that load 2 (Twins) or load 4 (Quads) are the only game in town anymore. I would like to be competitive (I was a high A class shooter prior to my break).

Thank you all in advance, I'm pretty jacked about getting back into 3 gun even if it is the 3 gun nation rules and my Limited Glock 40 shooting major isn't needed anymore.

Edited by jeffck2

It seems like Invictus practical is the go to,  do they hold the shells in well or is it semi loose? I've seen the Taccom and the EZ8s, not sure im sold on the EZ8 though on how it operates versus the invictus style.

Not sure what you mean by semi loose, but they hold them tight enough that I don't generally have to worry about them being there when I need them.  You can knock shells out of just about any of them if you try hard enough, but it seems to me that Invictus has about the best tension for keeping the shells on your belt but still allowing you to pull then off easily to load fast.

My experience is with the molded invictus 2.8 caddies, which I found to release easily, but did not retain the shells as well as I'd like.  

I like the Carbon Arms, they hold the shells really well.  There's more tension on the release, but the shells are always there.