Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tool head stabilization?

11 hours ago, IGOTGLOCKED said:

Part of the enjoyment of reloading for me is the experimentation of observing what results can be obtained through various methods. Another intriguing dynamic of this hobby is the pursuit of individual results through learning within a group environment such as this forum...

And then you have guys like me who don't care if the powder is +/- .15 grains or AOL variance is +/- 0.005.  Reloading is a necessary evil. As long as the bullets make power, are reasonably accurate, and reliable, rock on. :)

I've sold all my Dillon tool heads and replaced with billet, so I can't show any pics.

But I received my press used (about a year old at the time) with 3 Dillon tool heads.

I purchased a 4th tool head and notice they were different. Dillon had beefed up the tongue on the new head, it was a little thicker, plus it had a bevel to aid in insertion. This may have been an attempt on their part to to reduce the toolhead movement.

23 hours ago, Jimk60 said:

I've sold all my Dillon tool heads and replaced with billet, so I can't show any pics.

But I received my press used (about a year old at the time) with 3 Dillon tool heads.

I purchased a 4th tool head and notice they were different. Dillon had beefed up the tongue on the new head, it was a little thicker, plus it had a bevel to aid in insertion. This may have been an attempt on their part to to reduce the toolhead movement.

Interesting, thx. Seems they are making improvements all the time!