Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact Mkiv Not Sensitive Enough

DogmaDog

Hey all,

I practiced today. (Applause)

I don't have much room on the front of my belt, so I tried hooking my Pact MkIV on to my weak side pocket. From there, it wouldn't pick up my shots. When I hooked it on the front of my belt, it still would not pick up my shots.

I had a small flash of insight, and attached a piece of card stock (actually the insert from a pack of grip replacement screws for STI), curved into a semi-cylinder, perpendicular to the surface of the timer, just below the microphone opening, in the hopes that it would reflect sound into the opening, and allow the timer to hear the shots.

Well, it worked. But the card, attached with masking tape is a pretty fragile solution. Anyone else run into this problem? Anyone else come up with a different/better solution?

Thanks,

DogmaDog

I attach mine to the weak side front pocket with no problems at all. I don't remember off the top of my head if you can adjust the sensitivity with this model (I've never needed to) but I'll check if someone else does not answer before I get home.

The mic adjustment trimpot is inside the unit. You have to crack open the case to get at it. I just drilled a hole in the side of mine so I didn't have to play electronics engineer at the shooting range.

• 1 month later...