Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme sear and trigger bar spring

Wesquire

A side note on IPSC rules, it is funny that all EXTREME parts are IPSC legal, these are all polished parts and I believe they are chromed as well, however, it is funny that the original blued factory parts become illegal after they are polished...

IPSC rule is fun eh? lol

43 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

As far as polishing technique, I use a Dremel with felt polishing tips (wheels, cones, etc.) and I have come to really prefer Blue Magic polishing compound based upon the recommendations here.  I've tried the liquid and the paste, and I prefer the paste.  Saturate the felt tip, with polishing compound and as you polish and the compound wears off, pure more compound on before continuing or the dry felt will quickly burn and shed itself.  I've had good luck with 15,000 RPM speed.  Little tip is I have a trash can next to my bench, and after saturating the felt I stick the tip down in the trash can when I turn the Dremel on so any excess if flung off in there rather than all over my room and all over me.  That's just my take on it, others here have done way more polishing than I have so hopefully they can chime in as well.

hahaha wow i was doing it all wrong! now back to polishing the correct way...