Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chambering Off 0,355 Barrel?

harald

Hallo

I got all parts of a open gun, but have not sure what cartrigd lenght to chamber. I got a 5,5" Schuemann Ultimatch bull barrel ,no holes a Bedell 7-port titan comp and an AFTEC extractor for calibers 9mm x 19, 21, 23 and super comp. STI 2011 frame and classic 5" slide.

I will shoot IPSC 160 PF and 121-124 gn jacked bullets, loaded with VV powder.

I need tips before i send it to my gunsmith :unsure:

Will you be picking up your practice brass? Do you get most of your brass back at local matches? Do you shoot a lot of lost brass matches? How expensive are the various .355 cases where you are? Do you have a wide selection of bullets? Do you have a wide selection of powders?

If you only have VV powders and 121-124 gr bullets you might want to forget about 9x19 and 9x21. Lack of case volume will probably preclude the use of N105 and 3N38, leaving you with 3N37, N350, and maybe N340.

Hallo Eric

I will pick up my practice brass, and i lose about 30% in local matches.

I get most off my brass from Midway.no VV powder is easyest to get in Scandinavia :)

9x23 and 38 super comp, are there any big differents?

Do you use 9x19 +p brass?

No, I use standard 9x19 brass.

Is powder spilling a problem when you reload?

No problems. I'm loading 7.2g 3N37 with MG 124g CMJ (168pf). I've loaded up to 8.0g with 115's and still not had a problem. I'm also using a 650. I am shooting a 5" bull barrel with out ports, so I get a little more velocity than the shorties.

I used N340 and 115's for my steel loads and started at 6.2g and worked down. It would easily make major at 160pf with 115's. So you could probably add N340 to your list if your PF is 160.

Good luck.