Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optics/mount experts, please step inside.

Vespid_Wasp

Greetings!

Long story short, I should have gotten an X-skel mount when I got my Warne RAMP mount.  I know in general, bridging the gap between a receiver and a rail is not advised.  Can I do it without adverse effects with a rigid one piece mount?  

I get ideal eye relief with the offset built into my ADM mount.  Would like to move the optic forward on the other rifle about an inch or so.

Would there be enough flex in the handguard right on top of the barrel nut to cause me problems?  I'm thinking probably not, but would like other opinions.

http://imgur.com/U2V6r5B

2016-11-06 10.23.18.jpg

Edited by Vespid_Wasp

Here's what you do... Call Warne Scope Mounts  (503) 657-5590 and ask for Leilani or Justyn (Pronounced Justin) and tell them you bought a RAMP and really feel like an XSKEL would work better for you. If you want the 45 degree offset, let them know you'll need an A645 (the model number of their single 45 degree add on mount) THEN, you pray that 1. you've been nice enough to have them help you out and 2. That they have what you need in stock (Things are pretty slammed right now.) 3. You do NOT tell them I said this would work because it might not, but they're good people and their custom service is outstanding. If they can help you out, and you are very nice. It just might work. If it doesn't, not harm done. They're good people, give it a try.

Edited by GregSmith