Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I had every intention of signing up and shooting the match this year, but just could not justify the $200 entry fee.. plus travel.. my brother lives in Orlando and although thats a little bit of a drive even with not having hotel expenses it was to much..

Lower the entry fee to $100-125 Make it a plaque match and have a nice raffle with tickets for purchase if you want extra.. Cash is to hard to distribute and the lower class shooters will end up just feeling like they are funding the GM's and M's.. etc..

I will again plan on coming down for the next match, but it all comes down to cost.

But and there's always a But... Like Phil said if you continue to sell it out at $200 bucks per head.. don't hurt your club by reducing the fee..

If you want to give everyone something, Golf towels are a great idea, maybe bore snakes or something like that to give to each shooter and then make the actual prize table smaller.. more quality stuff.

good luck, hope to be able to come and experience it first hand one of these years.

Jeff.

I to am sorry for the drift and sorry it took so long to get back with you Al. My modem died. I wasn't trying to single out anyone, but I guess I did. PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES to you and the shooter in question. I know this is drifting, but I made this mistake here so I felt I should apologize here. Look forward to meeting you and team Jamaica at the Ga, state match. Maybe I'll be an A shooter by then.

Ronnie a-44415

PS. I'll bring some brownies as a peace offering. :)

Hey Ronnie,

make sure those brownies are legit! No worries, my brother, I will not be able to attend the GSM myself but I am sure that Ronald Jr. and a few guys will be there to give you some competition. Stay safe, and good luck on your progress.

Yours aye,

(TYF-41331) Al.

JAMAICA

I just dont see the match fee being lowered when the match is filled in no time with tons of shooters on the waiting list, heck from the sound of it they could have filled 600 slots.

Personally I like to see world class trophies at a world class match. If the size is a problem nice engraved cristal would be classy and something that shooters could put up in the den and look good instead of being religated to a back room.

The top several shooters in each division should get a good cash payout. I am torn on classes as the classification issue is a problem, it is broken. But to stop some of the whining about international shooters, I know of one guy that had his class won over 2 international guys, if he did not throw it away on my-oops-his second to last stage. :( Classification also seems to factor in consistancy? <_<