Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig p320 with Apex trigger uspsa production Legal?

tannerlc

Sig offered an upgraded P320 trigger to remedy some of the trigger pinch issues folks had.  But that didn't have a flat profile.  I've not seen a flat trigger released on a production model 320 (yet) and was under the impression they were limited division territory only. 

I was recently at a local match and it was Sig day in the gunshop.  The reps had a P320 there with a flat-faced trigger, so they are available from the factory.  However, I am not sure if there is a specific model designation for a model with that trigger.  If there is, then it would have to be on the Production approved list.  For example, the Legion pistols have finally been added, which allows me to put the GGI P-SAIT trigger in my X5 because that's what the factory puts in that model.  If you can order a regular P320 and just specify a flat trigger, then you should be fine.  If they call it a P320-FT or something, then that model would have to be listed.

There is no Production legal flat trigger option at this time. The Apex doesn't come on any SIG factory gun and is not available from them. There is one prototype flat trigger that resembles the Legion SAO. That is what was being shown on the P320 Target. It's not available and not Production legal. Grayguns also has a flat trigger design and that's what I run on my 3 Gun pistol. That is also not Production legal at this time. If the P320 Target or equivalent ships with a flat trigger then that would be a legal option for other P320s once it is added to the Production gun list. 

5 hours ago, JAFO said:

To be honest, I actually liked the curved version better than the flat, but that was only based on dry-firing a few times.

I don't like the Apex flat. It just doesn't feel good to me. The Grayguns flat has a bit more bevel on the sides and feels pretty good.