Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kudos To Dillon....

Hello everyone I just wanted to give credit when its due... I had problems with an old Dillon 550 that my dad had purchased brand new in 1985. He never used it. The box was never even opened. The original credit card receipt from 1985 was still stapled to the packing slip..

I've been trying to get it working for almost two years. I tried once about two years ago and the primer slide would keep getting stuck.. I could get 30 or 40 rounds loaded and it would start sticking... I put the loader away and continued to use my star to load .45 and my rockchucker for everything else...

About 3 weeks ago I felt like playing with the Dillon again so I pulled it out. Still had the .45 dies in it and the second tool head had an almost brand new set of .40 dies in it. I had tried everything to make it work. I finally decided to call Dillon and give them a second chance. I had called two years ago and had been informed that the loader was still the same and that I should just clean it and it should work fine. Thats the last time I talked to them until just recently.. This time I was told that I had an older style priming setup that was changed right after the loader was released. I saw light at the end of the tunnel.. I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the technician and he told me all of the parts I would need to make it work. I was like "OK" whats the damage. He then proceeded to inform me that he was sending me all of the parts to get it working right, on the house under warranty. I couldn't believe it my 20 year old loader still has a warranty???? He said yep. At that moment I had planned to order a roller handle, caliber conversion kit, spare powder die and some other misc. parts from our very own Brian but felt compelled to give the business directly to Dillon for standing behind their product so diligently.... I just wish I had done this sooner... Just loaded 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo without a hitch...

I also thank Dillon. I cleaned and re-setup a 550B that has been idle in our clubhouse for members to use. It needed a few small parts and springs that I called them to order. They sent them free. Thank you Dillon