Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Live fire training plan

3djedi

I try to livefire once a week with 200 rounds. I have maybe 1.5 to 2 hours before work so not a lot of time to set up equipment, shoot, pick up brass, and leave for work.

I always start with 25-35 yard group shooting. Then usually do a few Blake drills. After that I have a hard time deciding what would give me the best improvements. I usually set up something like a hard exit easy entry (or visa versa) kind of drill.

Do you guys have any suggestions for setting up a productive live fire training session that fits my time constraints? How do you decide what you're going to do at the range?

I'm a B limited shooter so I need improvement everywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think a distance change up would be worth throwing in. Again with your entry and exits.  I try to do three setups that only require 3 targets. Run each a few times to get a better idea of what my dry fire is doing for me. Then go dry fire to fix the mistakes. Rinse and repeat.

I also try to log things but that is hard to do with only limited time. If nothing else get some notes about what you feel like you need to work on.