Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm oh, so close.

MissionaryMike

1 hour ago, MissionaryMike said:

Could someone with a stock trigger please measure the distance of the DA from resting position to rear of the grip, straight across parallel to the bore or to the inner most part of the beavertail (probably isn't parallel to the bore)?  Sorry for the trouble.  

Oh, and are you guys running stock triggers or upgrading to the Xtreme trigger w/ over travel screw?

The stock trigger on a stock 2 had an overdrawn screw in the blade.

I'll breakout the calipers tonight and measure my stock 2s Up when I get home.

Thanks, RY!  This helps a lot.  I measured the DA on my Shadow, and it's almost exactly the same as the DAs in both your guns at 3.02".   So perhaps some of the claims of a shorter DA w/ a Witness model guns varies upon Tanfo's tolerances, even though I don't feel like the reach of the trigger is a matter of tolerance.  Either that, or it's simply not true.

Edited by MissionaryMike

4 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

Thanks, RY!  This helps a lot.  I measured the DA on my Shadow, and it's almost exactly the same as the DAs in both your guns at 3.02".   So perhaps some of the claims of a shorter DA w/ a Witness model guns varies upon Tanfo's tolerances, even though I don't feel like the reach of the trigger is a matter of tolerance.  Either that, or it's simply not true.

Might have to do with grip width as well... I should have measured all that... But I had just got home from work.

Honestly, if you go to a match near you, I can almost guarantee that someone has one for you to feel the grip and stuff. Even here in Commifornia, there are tanfos at most matches. Really any of the guns based on these designs are going to be very similar and feel very good.