Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz orange, shadow 2014, or target 2?

Craig1981

Stewart took my order and said it would be a couple weeks.  I am waiting impatiently, but I've been shooting my current 75 Shadow for a couple years now and it serves me well.

I wasn't trying to poo poo the orange.  I was seriously considering it.  But, when I weighed it all out, for the money I did not see me benefitting from the orange.  

Where do you shoot? Rio Saldo? I want to try USPSA but may be a few more months before I can get out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, ItsCZas123 said:

Where do you shoot? Rio Saldo? I want to try USPSA but may be a few more months before I can get out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I shoot at Rio every Tues and most weekends.  Payson too.  And, surprisingly enough, I got an email today stating the Shadow was ready.  I will be picking it up Monday.

4 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I looked at (handled ) all 3 pistols mentioned by the OP at CZ Custom last week.  I also brought my well used 75 shadow to compare to.  I chose to order an SP01 shadow custom 2014.  The orange is nice.  It is very tight.  For me, shooting USPSA, whatever accuracy gain given by the orange or accu-shadow would not really be noticed while running and gunning.  A standard SP01 can print very respectable groups at 25 yards with a good load.  For my money, the trigger on the Shadow custom 2014 is way better than the orange. To get the same trigger on the orange would add another 250-300 to the price.  Respringing the orange with an extended FP still won't come close to the trigger job CZC puts on the shadow custom.  YMMV.

If it was me, i would go orange. You cant duplicate the fit. The trigger job can be done to the orange and than you would have an even nicer gun. Yeah it costs some more money but you cant have a standard shadow hand fit. 

Yes I shoot at Rio every Tues and most weekends.  Payson too.  And, surprisingly enough, I got an email today stating the Shadow was ready.  I will be picking it up Monday.

Sweet that was fast turn around...congrats let's see some pictures of that bad boy when you get it [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Bullets said:

If it was me, i would go orange. You cant duplicate the fit. The trigger job can be done to the orange and than you would have an even nicer gun. Yeah it costs some more money but you cant have a standard shadow hand fit. 

I considered that, but now we are looking at almost $1900.  Personally, I do not think the orange, with all the trigger work added to it, would show that significant of a difference with me shooting it.  At least not enough to justify another $550 to $600.   If I was bullseye shooting instead of action pistol shooting, then I would tend to agree with you more.

• 2 weeks later...
On September 9, 2016 at 7:12 PM, 2ndtimearound said:

I considered that, but now we are looking at almost $1900.  Personally, I do not think the orange, with all the trigger work added to it, would show that significant of a difference with me shooting it.  At least not enough to justify another $550 to $600.   If I was bullseye shooting instead of action pistol shooting, then I would tend to agree with you more.

I think you made the right choice. You're new piece is way more than sufficient (accuracy wise) for our usage.  I have an Accu Shadow, and I doubt it allows me to hit even a single target that I would have missed with your gun or any other CZ w/ a nicely worked over trigger.  The extra $ is better spent on ammo or reloading supplies, which equals more fun.