Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 slide weight reduction for major - When is too much?

Norone

Ehh, force? No kinetic energy is mass times velocity squared.  Force is mass times acceleration.  Momentum is mass times velocity.

I was breaking it down to the simplest terminology possible for the person who said lightening a slide will cause less recoil, and that that is a simple Matter of physics. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As if I paid any attention in physics. ;)

Shooting my stock guns one after the other to my guns with lighter slides (same models) using the same ammo - the ones with lighter slides feel significantly less snappy to me and split times are faster with them. Maybe it's in my head.

Thanks for clarifying that my math is incorrect. :) I don't 4+4 very well. ;) 

They definitely cycle much faster... Which causes the 'violent' action... But I guess it's all a matter of preference... I feel that if you can afford a little more action and have the ability to get back on target fast enough, it's a considerable improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably doesn't mean a whole lot, but I went from a lightened slide 35 with frame weight, brass magwell, brass base pads, to a 22 with sight tracker, standard weight slide and same accessories as the 35.  I definitely feel the 22 shoots softer than the 35, perhaps because the action is less violent.  In my mind much improvement, but I'm a sucky shooter.