Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 97 safety compared to CZ Tactical Sport

Almo

I have a CZ Accu-Shadow which I have no trouble reaching the safety on. I also have a CZ Tactical Sport which I have major trouble reaching the safety on. I was considering a CZ 97B, but I can't find one locally to handle. So, I'd probably have to order it. But, I didn't want to commit to it if there's a chance I will have trouble reaching the safety. Does anyone own both the 97B and the Tactical Sport, or possibly even the Shadow too, who can tell me how the reach to the safetys compare?

I had one but I didn't like it because I was used to the locking thumb grip rather than the thumb over thumb grip. But, after your comment, I reinstalled it. I have been getting used to the thumb over thumb grip on my 2011. It doesn't feel too bad now. Now the question is: If I get a 97B and can't readily reach the safety, will the extended safety for the Tactical Sport fit the 97B?

Had a similar quandary here - switched from shooting an M&P with no safety and thumbs off the frame (benos would approve!) to a TS. I installed the fat safety and have gotten used to my strong thumb riding it doing shooting. No sweat.