Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

removing extractor

brian45acp

CORRECTION. Looked at AIG video on CZ75 earlier this weekend. The video shows the pin being driven out the to of the slide -- easily. I apologize for the bad info.

Did a complete tear down and cleaning of my pistol Friday. The extractor pin hole appears to be tapered. I can tap the pin out the receiver bottom but not the top. There is considerable tension on the pin from the extractor and spring. I do not believe the pin can or should be driven out the receiver top -- at least on my slide.

Yeah I realize the same thing. I just hope I didnt mess the hole up pushing the pin partially out the top. The pin comes out the bottom much easier and I only just bought the stake tool so if it were going to walk out it would be downward and it never has. I will just use acetone on the top of the hole to clean it and put a dot of loctite 620 just for insurance on top of that pin.

On my ccw gun I did stake the bottom again lightly. What ever the hell that punch is made of is seriously hard steel. It just needed a light tap and pushed a very little amount of metal over the edge of the pin hole. That should be all thats needed to help assure its kept tight.