Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc Debate On Sp-01 And Tanfoglio Sc

Carlos

The debate on the CZ SP-01 & Tanfoglio Stock Custom is heating up again over on the IPSC Global Village site The link is HERE Take a look at pages 2 & 3. BTW, the 1st page is now WRONG; the SP-01 & Tanfoglio Stock Custom are allowed back into Production pending a vote later this summer (to take effect Jan 1 2006).

My posts over there (while being pro-CZ SP-01) are also intended to develope the debate about Production division which will be held at the World Shoot later this summer. That debate will be followed by a General Assembly vote on whether the SP-01 & Tanfoglio Stock Custom will be allowed in IPSC Production after Jan. 1, 2006. This vote may, or may not affect USPSA's Production Division.Please take a look & feel free to add your comments. I am "Douglas Johnson" on that site.

The stakes for IPSC are very high over this one; the above mentioned guns were JUST let back onto the approved list after a 3 week ban last month. That ban caused CZ & Tanfoglio (major World Shoot sponsors) to reportedly threaten to pull their financial support for the World Shoot (which could have torpedoed the whole match) and there were understandable concerns that Eric Graufel's sponsor (Tanfoglio) might have sought legal action against IPSC over the ban of their new gun.

BTW, on another section of that forum, there was a poll running 80% in favor of letting various new 9mm guns into Production & allowing the shooters to decide who wins. Even with the CZ & Tanfoglio back in for THIS world shoot, I would not bet against another Sevigny/Glock win.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

www.shootersparadise.com

The debate on the CZ SP-01 & Tanfoglio Stock Custom is heating up again over on the IPSC Global Village site The link is HERE  Take a look at pages 2 & 3. BTW, the 1st page is now WRONG; the SP-01 & Tanfoglio Stock Custom are allowed back into Production pending a vote later this summer (to take effect Jan 1 2006).

My posts over there (while being pro-CZ SP-01) are also intended to develope the debate about Production division which will be held at the World Shoot later this summer. That debate will be followed by a General Assembly vote on whether the SP-01 & Tanfoglio Stock Custom will be allowed in IPSC Production after Jan. 1, 2006. This vote may, or may not affect USPSA's Production Division.Please take a look & feel free to add your comments. I am "Douglas Johnson" on that site.

The stakes for IPSC are very high over this one; the above mentioned guns were JUST let back onto the approved list after a 3 week ban last month. That ban caused CZ & Tanfoglio (major World Shoot sponsors) to reportedly threaten to pull their financial support for the World Shoot (which could have torpedoed the whole match) and there were understandable concerns that Eric Graufel's sponsor (Tanfoglio) might have sought legal action against IPSC over the ban of their new gun. 

BTW, on another section of that forum, there was a poll running 80% in favor of letting various new 9mm guns into Production & allowing the shooters to decide who wins. Even with the CZ & Tanfoglio back in for THIS world shoot, I would not bet against another Sevigny/Glock win.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

www.shootersparadise.com

In the end t is problably more about money than anything else.

I hope the USPSA BOD has the wisdom and foresight to allow innovation to continue in Production division. If a new shooter can buy a gun for $599 at the corner gunstore that puts points on target as quickly and easily as a $2500 Limited pistol, all I can say is:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

The particular topic linked above has been locked on the IPSC Global Village board. For whatever reason, the admins over there seem to have concluded that there has been sufficient discussion of this topic to decide the matter at the World Shoot.

I do hope that the GA maintains an open mind about this issue up until the day of the vote.

D.C. Johnson

Hi Folks

There's a small misunderstanding.

The thread being discussed here and with the link in the first message was specifically targeted at the subject of long dust covers. It ran its course and then started to go around in circles and so was closed.

There is a quite separate ongoing discussion relating to the SP-01 and the Tang which can be viewed HERE.

This topic includes a poll.

I hope this helps.

"There's a small misunderstanding"

Neil, thanks for the clarification & I take responsibility for the error or, as some people on this side of the Atlantic might say: "my bad."

The debate does indeed go on with EricW sensibly calling for the box rule to be added to Production instead of the other proposals such as:

- a "feature list" (this feature or combination of features is OK but this other one, is not). Sounds a lot like the the AWB or assault weapon ban "feature list". No thanks. or,

- a "spirit of the division" test; no one can objectively say what the "spirit standard" is or what it will be, but we are supposed to place our faith in the Production Rules committee members to magically aquire the ability to determine a gun's spirit content; in other words, they can't say what it is, but they know it when they sees it."

Besides box rule, I personally would NOT have a problem with something like the "2000 produced" rule nor would I object to an "available to the public" rule - a criteria which a certain S&W Perfomance Center gun seems not to be able to meet currently.

Thanks again for the clarification Neil & nice work on the shotgun rules; I appreciate the work work you do in support of our sport.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

I hope the USPSA BOD has the wisdom and foresight to allow innovation to continue in Production division.  If a new shooter can buy a gun for $599 at the corner gunstore that puts points on target as quickly and easily as a $2500 Limited pistol, all I can say is:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

A quote from Eric from another post - another Forum. Hopefully I have not overstepped by copying and reposting this....

2 Apr 2005, 11:59 am Post #3

a) gun fits in box

2) 2000 of said gun are available right now to the general public

Enough BS, let's race.

by Eric Wesselman: 2 Apr 2005, 12:00 pm

What could be simpler and easier to implement than Eric's suggestion? :huh: