Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

xd mod 2 5"

jschroep

What holsters work for these? Like can I put it in a xdm holster or an xd 5.25 holster.

I roamed around on the web and had a hard time finding holsters for it.

What do you guys who do IPSC/3 gun run as far as holsters go?

I don't know of anyone making holsters specifically for the XD Mod 2 Tactical. There is not a huge difference between the new Mod 2 and the old XD Tactical so it may fit holsters made for the XD Tactical. I couldn't imagine the Mod 2 fitting anything made for the XDM's. The dimensions aren't even close.

Blade-Tech, Blackhawk, Safariland and many other holster makers offer holsters for the XD Tactical. I'm guessing Blade-Tech is the most popular for USPSA/IPSC. I don't do 3 Gun so I can't help you with that one, but probably the same companies offer models with different retention options.

By the way, the Mod 2 hasn't been approved for USPSA. I'm guessing it's ok for IPSC since it still is an XD and is within the IPSC production rules.

Edited by grapemeister

I have a mod.2 Service, and it has fit every holster for a regular XD that I have put it in, including a Safariland GLS and Blackhawk! locking holsters. If I had the 5" (would like to get one), then I would be looking for one that fits the XD Tactical.

It'll be approved, eventually. They have to make so many guns, 2000 I believe, and then Springfield will have to go through the steps with USPSA to have it approved. Gun owners can play a part by writing or e-mailing Springfield Armory with a request for them to take the necessary steps to have it approved for the USPSA production list.

The gun is legal for Limited, Limited 10 and Open divisions.

• 1 month later...