Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to reloading

flatsman

So I'm new to reloading due to my new found obsession to uspsa. I've built a M&P open gun 9mm 5 inch with a Kkm barrel and carver comp I'm using acme 145 grain red coated bullets I'm looking for some powder and primer recommendations and maybe some powder weights as well thanks to all

Welcome aboard, flatsman :)

I'd suggest you start by spending a half hour reading past posts re : reloading 9mm.

Are you loading that to 9mm Major? (PF 165+),, OR, are you loading to 9mm Minor? (125+)?

If you're loading to Minor, I'd stick with the bullets you have and get some fast powder (WW231,

N320, etc) and primers are primers ...

If you're loading to 9mm Major, I'd suggest getting lighter bullets, and some slower powders

(HS6 or WAC, eg) and work up slowly with a chronograph.

You're starting an exciting journey - hope you enjoy it as much as I have :)

Want to load major went with the 145 because they said it was somewhat new from them and were having great results and some guys I shoot with have switched to them from other coated bullets any info is greatly appreciated as I'm a dummy in this field right now that will change though

Want to load major went with the 145 because they said it was somewhat new from them and were having great results and some guys I shoot with have switched to them from other coated bullets any info is greatly appreciated as I'm a dummy in this field right now that will change though