Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 MOS for CO build

victor6

Howdy.

I have a G17 MOS on the way and I'm looking to do a CO build. Any suggestions as to what components to use or how to set it up would be appreciated! This is my first Gen 4 Glock ... so I'd be interested if there are any gotchas with the Gen 4s that are unique to that platform versus the Gen 3s.

The only known piece of the build is that I'm using a Burris Fastfire III as I have one laying around.

Thanks,

Victor

Let's face it, ALL red dot's take quite a beating when they are slide mounted..... Nice part is Burris's lifetime warranty, even if your not the original owner. The FF111 is fine, I like the 7MOA dot. Careful with the screws.... as I remember some were too long and the MOS plate can be bent........

What I thought was interesting about the CO rules is that the gun just has to weigh under 45 ounces. I would imagine folks are adding weight to their Glocks they run in CO. Beyond weighted 140mm mag extensions and a ground down Seattle slug, how can I add weight to this G17 MOS? Just trying to be creative. :)

Edited by victor6

I don't add weight to my CO gun. I like the feel of a lighter gun. I'm running a G23 with RMR.

I had already stippled it and then undercut the trigger guard once that was allowed. Otherwise, no real mods to the gun.

Edited by splashdown

Tungsten / stainless guide rod. And I think that is about it to keep within the rules.

I will be running CO using a G19 with a SS guide rod, G17 mags w/ TTI base pads, and that is it. This will be or will duplicate my concealed carry rig, main reason for keeping it tame.

Tungsten / stainless guide rod. And I think that is about it to keep within the rules.

I will be running CO using a G19 with a SS guide rod, G17 mags w/ TTI base pads, and that is it. This will be or will duplicate my concealed carry rig, main reason for keeping it tame.

That's cool. I've been carrying a J-frame Smith for the past 28 years (in my right front pocket ... yes, i'm lazy). The current situation has me thinking that I should carry a little more firepower.