Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

223 Drops Upside Down In Tube

I was reading about this problem on the Dillon casefeeder and supposedly there is some kind of baffle you can slide out to make sure the cases that are fed neck first overtravel the slot and fall base first. I have an older 650 and the bowl is total plastic. The newer ones seem to have a metal plate around a portion of the bowl. I have no such baffle, but the cartridges fall neck first if they come up that way. Any help? Also, I was trying to make a Hornady small rifle plate work, which I think I did by using plumbing washers under the plate.

The Hornady plate seemed to carry them up just fine with the washers. Its like the slot to drop them down is too long for the 223 case. How and where did you cut it? Was the center hole the same size om both plates?

Edited by inspector710

I suspect your problem is not using Dillon parts but the tab to the left of the opening in this photo is what you can slide.

11.jpg

The baffle #13688 is for the old collators with the rectangle funnel, you installed it for small cases like 9mm and 380. The later model collators with the round funnel do not need them.

The metal plate was added to the bowl when we developed the shotshell loader. The aluminum cuff just presses on. Email us a request and include your address, we'll mail you a cuff at no charge.