Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 issues

Have 1050 about 15k rounds in 40. Lately 2 issues have come up.

1. Have unique tech micro adjust (50k rounds) powder drop, has always been spot on, however, lately I have had to turn down (in = less) about 10 numbers to get the same powder drop using Claydot powder. Could it be increased summer humiditty ? I load in basement which is partially air conditioned about 57% humidity.

2. Brass has not been seated correct in station 1 and when decapping it is sideways and if I don't catch the problem it beads the pin. I have cleaned the plunger assembly and found that the plunger when pushed to the rear as far as possible it sticks in the rearward position. I polished the heck out of the plunger and all seems well so far, but I am not sure that was the problem. Any ideas??? Thanks....

Does the rear half of the case feed plunger have grease on it? For sideways cases, push down on the edge of the shellplae at station 7. If it feels springy, then the shellplate lock ring needs to be a bit tighter.The bottom of the lock ring should be lightly greased as well. Finally, inspect the pockets for cases in the shellplate. Be sure no debris has built up in the pockets, and that they aren't damaged from running the depriming pin into the edge on top, or running the swage rod up into the bottom.

No springy on the shellplate at all including station 7. All pockets are clean no nicks or cracks in shellplate. This is happening BEFORE the depriming/swage station but they appear to be in working order. I polished the plunger and took off all the black finished and now it DOES NOT stick at the most rearward position. YES it is lubed all over including the rear.

Problem MAY BE some brass is getting tilted into each other and sticking together not allowing a complete drop into the plunger assembly. The clear rod seems oversized for 40 brass and allows this tilting. Just a guess, will keep an eye on it. Thanks....

The green case feed adapter will straight out the case before it drops into the case feed plunger. Just to verify, the shellplate should be marked "W", and the locator buttons are #2.