Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gotta Believe Myself!

Rikarin

Yesterday's IDPA stage three was " 2 targets 35 yard, prone shooting under barrier EITHER 1 headshot each or 8 bodyshots each, loading gun from slide-lock first on the ground." Almost everybody was going for bodyshots prone-ing on right side of body, elbows on the ground and gun in the air.

I did prone only once with gun in the air and was shooting horrible. So I thought they knew something I didn't and I was like mmmm, more hmmmmmm, further thinking hmmmm, then decided "I will stick to Matt's teaching and try headshots "

Matt taught me to put gun on the ground, so in theory, it is same as shooting from the bench therefore more accurate, right? Since I never tried this, oh, what the heck, without trying I will never know.

Guess what? Yep. I scored both headshots. Yipeeeeee!!! If it ends here, its a 2-bullets, maybe 10 sec happy story. Bbut of course, I was not confident enough and dumped rest of the mag to the each body anyway, ending up in like half-minutes stage, ::( Ha ha ha. :(

That's great, Rika! That's a step (confidence) I am still trying to take after all these years.

Belief in yourself - better for your shooting, better for yourself, better for dealing with occasional condescending or obnoxious fools who think they know better than you ;)

Kevin C.