Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier CM 99-10 (Times Two) not set-up according to specs.

tanks

At a recent match CM 99-10 was printed out, but both arrays of three targets were set at same distance (I assume 36 feet) instead of 30, 33, 36 feet. When I pointed it out I was told everyone is shooting it the same, so "shut up and shoot" (implied, not stated).

Does the match RO have discretion on changing the course of fire on a classifier? What are options if he does not?

If the Classifier is not set up properly it is not a legal classifier, No the R.O. does not have discretion on changing a Classifier.

If the stage was not set up correctly it should not be turned in as a classifier, it can be a stage but not a classifier.

If the scores were turned in contact DNROI.

It should not be submitted as an official classifier score if it was setup incorrectly.

It could still be used as a valid stage in the match as long as everyone shot it the same way but they should not submit it as an official classifier score.

The RO shouldn't change that without approval from the RM. I would hope that the RM would know enough to fix it or not submit it as a classifier. If they did fix it, anyone that had shot it previously would need to reshoot it once correctly setup.