Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Free State Championship, Kansas City

2016 Free State Championship

USPSA Kansas Sectional and State Championship

USPSA level 2 handgun match (approval pending), 9 Stages, 200-250 rounds

Date – One day match Saturday August 27th, with staff shooting on August 26th.

Location – Mill Creek Rifle Club

7215 Gardner Rd

Desoto, KS 66018

Entry - $75, Match fee increases to $85 after Aug. 5th. Last refunds Aug 5th.

Trophy Match, Match t-shirt included if registered before Aug. 5th

Registration is open. I can't post links, so please search on Practiscore for Free State.

Match Director – Justin Bardwell, FreeStateUSPSA@yandex.com

Range Master – Paul Hernandez

Sponsors – CZ-USA, Additional Sponsors Pending

Mill Creek Practical Shooting League will be hosting the 2016 Free State Championship, the Kansas sectional and championship. The match will be held as a one day format on August 27th at the Mill Creek Rifle Club in Desoto Kansas, just outside of Kansas City.

The match will be a trophy match including a match t-shirt. We are expecting 9 stages and chronograph on 8 bays for a minimum of 200 to 250 rounds.

Lunch is not included. We are working on a catering option and will update.

Match entry will be waived for range officers and staff for the day of the match. Please contact the Match Director at FreeStateUSPSA@yandex.com for information on volunteering for the staff positions. We are looking for 16 USPSA certified range officers, a chronograph officer and up to 8 uncertified staff for the day of the match.

We are also looking for volunteers to help set-up the stages on August 24th and 25th.

Stages will be posted after approval. Approval is expected in July.

Justin Bardwell, Match Director
Free State Championship
Kansas State Sectional and Championship

We haven't negotiated a match hotel. A lot of hotels in Lenexa, Olathe and Overland Park that are 15 to 20 minutes from the range. Only closer hotels are a few small hotels in Desoto.

If you're looking for more attractions, the Legends entertainment district near Cabelas, amusement parks, and race track has a number of hotels and is about 25 minutes away.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to this weekend! Looks like some interesting stages.

But I don't know how in the world "Bombs Away" was approved by NROI.  I see this being a HUGE headache. The note at the bottom states, the RO's will have to adjust the ramp so that slower shooters can get to the port?!?  That means I'm at the mercy of the RO to set it to the speed I need...

I would seriously encourage the range master to re-evalute that part of the stage briefing. It's essentially the same as slowing a swinger for certain shooters because they ask for it.

From my limited knowledge, here's the first thing I was able to find:

1. 4.5.2  The competitor may request that Match Officials take corrective actions to ensure consistency in respect of the range surface, the

presentation of targets and/or any other matter. The Range Master will have final authority concerning all such requests.