Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

32 round stages

Mhall

I like them in general, but they're best when they're complex and have several possible solutions (stage plans) and challenge our shooting skill and even memory (not pure "memory stages", but remembering the stage plan and not shooting targets twice).

I like both low-cap (Prod) and high-cap (Lim/Open) divisions and enjoy the different challenges that these create on a long stage, because there are reloads no matter what.

Pure "hoser" long courses may not seem as much fun, but they do keep us on our toes because of the high HFs and the need to be smooth, quick, and without errors.

I shot two matches last weekend. On Saturday every stage was 32 rounds except the classifier. On Sunday there was a mix from 20-30 rounds per stage. Both had stages that I thought were awesome and others that were just "there." I don't think the round count is that big of a factor in how fun or challenging a stage is. Some 32 round stage offer little in regards to challenge or creativity, and some make my brain hurt during the stage walk.