Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc Standard: G22 Or G35?

Pierruiggi

I have a friend who is a Glock fanatic, and is considering either a Glock 22 or 35 for IPSC Standard Division.

Obviously this is a matter of personal preference, so I'd like you guys and girls to tell him which would you choose and why.

In addition to your opinion, I'll ask you a couple questions:

1. Does the 35 feels sluggish when cycling compared to the 22?

2. Does the 35 feels significantly more balanced to the front (nose heavy)?

3. Can you compare both models' stock triggers?

4. Is the G35 more prone to being dirty because of the lightening hole at the front of the slide?

5. He wants this gun for home defense/carry/TEOTWAWKI purposes too, so would you reverse your opinion if you consider this? Example, for IPSC/other shooting sports purposes you'd choose a G35, but for "bet your life on it" use you'd choose a G22.

6. Do both the G22 and G35 share magazines?

7. What mag basepads are available to extend capacity? (Keep in mind this is for IPSC use, not USPSA)

Thanks

1. Does the 35 feels sluggish when cycling compared to the 22?

No.

2. Does the 35 feels significantly more balanced to the front (nose heavy)?

No. The things are far too light to be considered heavy in any way, shape, or form.

3. Can you compare both models' stock triggers?

The 34/35 does feel a little bit better (to me), but it's all about the aftermarket IMO.

4. Is the G35 more prone to being dirty because of the lightening hole at the front of the slide?

No.

5. He wants this gun for home defense/carry/TEOTWAWKI purposes too, so would you reverse your opinion if you consider this? Example, for IPSC/other shooting sports purposes you'd choose a G35, but for "bet your life on it" use you'd choose a G22.

No.

6. Do both the G22 and G35 share magazines?

Yes.

7. What mag basepads are available to extend capacity? (Keep in mind this is for IPSC use, not USPSA)

Arredondo: Glock +3 Extension

The guns really are (or can be with the swap of a few parts) identical, except for barrel length and sight radius.

The G35 often comes with the 3.5 connector as stock, so it has a lighter trigger out of the box. But, that can be changed in about 30 seconds by swapping parts. No biggie. I would let that factor into the decision.

The extra sight radius is nice, but we aren't exactly shooting bulls-eye.

Pick one and practice.

I have a friend who is a Glock fanatic, and is considering either a Glock 22 or 35 for IPSC Standard Division.

(Keep in mind this is for IPSC use, not USPSA)

Thanks

If the gun will be used in IPSC and not USPSA competiotin, the answer is very simpe - G22. The G35 in not legal in IPSC competiotin, the G35 is legal in USPSA competion only.

(Keep in mind this is for IPSC use, not USPSA)

Thanks

If the gun will be used in IPSC and not USPSA competiotin, the answer is very simpe - G22. The G35 in not legal in IPSC competiotin, the G35 is legal in USPSA competion only.

"IPSC Standard Division," not Production. It'll fit the box.

A G22 will do fine in all divisions except revolver. A G35 will not shoot Production.

G35 is easier to make major PF with (slightly longer barrel)

I'd probably pick the one that looked prettiest to me, because there are no major differences. Slick up the trigger on each of 'em and they will get you anywhere you want :)