Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RE: Hybrid barrel

Rye

I was wondering if there's any difference on svi hybrid vs schuemann hybrid barrel. I was looking at a 5" ribbed no holes threaded barrel. I can't seem to find any in stock for a schuemann but sv has it. Thanks in advance.

Schuemann sells both a conventionally rifled hybrid and an AET.

To my knowledge SV reserves their AET barrels exclusively for in house builds.

The rear of the rib is a different shape between the two makers, so the slide cut will need to match it. I've had some feedback that the SV barrels tend to have a short hood which could lead to an inability to achieve proper fit, but that will depend on the dimensions of the slide you use and the barrel.

As far as selling a 5", threaded, no holes barrel- I haven't had any luck tracking down a Schuemann and again, SV seems to reserve that particular barrel for in house builds.

If you are looking for a threaded 5.4" barrel, for use with a 5" slide, those seem to be available from SV.

yeah that's for the 4 port no holes. looking to get the 5 port no holes. Thanks.

Speed shooters international has Schuemann hybrid with or with out holes.

Edited by Rye

That's also my concern with sv having the short hood. I guess with a good gunsmith it shouldn't be a problem.

Schuemann sells both a conventionally rifled hybrid and an AET.
To my knowledge SV reserves their AET barrels exclusively for in house builds.
The rear of the rib is a different shape between the two makers, so the slide cut will need to match it. I've had some feedback that the SV barrels tend to have a short hood which could lead to an inability to achieve proper fit, but that will depend on the dimensions of the slide you use and the barrel.

As far as selling a 5", threaded, no holes barrel- I haven't had any luck tracking down a Schuemann and again, SV seems to reserve that particular barrel for in house builds.
If you are looking for a threaded 5.4" barrel, for use with a 5" slide, those seem to be available from SV.

That's also my concern with sv having the short hood. I guess with a good gunsmith it shouldn't be a problem.

If it is too short there is nothing that can be done to make that particular slide/barrel combo right besides welding up the hood and cutting it to fit. But, apparently plenty of them are long enough to cut to fit.

I have been very pleased with other SV parts I have purchased but it may be worth asking your smith about it.

I have fit 5 SV ribbed barrels since January. All have been "short" but have all had enough material to fit very tightly. All have been about .0005"-.0015" long on all the STI slides I have fit them to. Other slides man not be the case.