Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parts combination for most 40S&W in a small frame?

TerryYu

I want to play in limited but I only have a CZ 75 in 40 that holds 12. Need more bullets. I know the correct solution is to buy a TS, but the baby on the way says no.

It seems like the largest capacity mag I can buy off the shelf is the Mec-gar 14 rounder (which looks like their 12 rounder with a +2 base pad). Taylor freelance advertises a 140mm small frame extended basepad that is supposed to be +4. These two together should be 16+1.

That's not too bad (if it works), but I pulled the follower out of my current mag and they are pretty massive. Is there a trimmed down Grams guts kit that I can throw into the magazine to get me another bullet?

17+1 will be more than enough for me until I can buy a TS.

I hate to kill your dreams, but I don't think it's possible to get more than 14-15 in a 140mm small frame 40 mag. The tubes you have, plus the CZC long base pad, 10 coil spring/follower are the best you can do.

With 8 shot arrays if you can't get 16, it's not much better than 10 so I suggest shooting L10 major for now.

Seems like you could unload your 75B 40 for a P09 in 40, those go notoriously cheap and come with 15+1. You're a couple base pads/followers away from having 21 rds of 40 S&W.

I don't have one, but am seriously looking at the P09, I just really like it.

Seems like you could unload your 75B 40 for a P09 in 40, those go notoriously cheap and come with 15+1. You're a couple base pads/followers away from having 21 rds of 40 S&W.

I don't have one, but am seriously looking at the P09, I just really like it.

Best option. Because frankly, KneelingAtlas's idea is silly (because L10 is dumb ).

Of course no offense John.

Edited by Gooldylocks