Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using the Press Monitor III?

I had a Press Counter II (not the monitor) on a LNL I just recently sold. Found it to be both helpful and accurate.

Some of the stats (i.e. rounds per hour, etc.) were pretty interesting, but two of the best features I haven't seen elsewhere:

1) The count started with a negative number (user settable) to fill the shellplate, so you got a true count of finished rounds instead of handle strokes, and

2) you could subtract from the count without having to reset everything when something goes awry (a virtual necessity with the LNL's priming system).

Again, have no experience with the Monitor, but always thought the Counter was well thought out and solid value for the money spent.

M

I've got a couple of the IIs and I like them enough. I could easily live without them. I do like to be able to see my exact round count as I'm loading and also like to keep an eye on my current rounds per hour so that I keep a consistent pace. The current state has come in handy a few times when I've had to clear a jam while processing brass. If you're tight on money I'd say save your money for a mr bulletfeeder instead.