Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer slide on 550

Last Saturday I was setting up to run a batch of 45 on my 550. Got the power charge set, and then all of a sudden the primer slide wasn't going all the way back! I took it off and cleaned it, ( piece of tumbling media behind it) Put it back together and slide locked up would not move with rod, had everything lined up but nothing bar was locking in place, Quick call to Dillon help and a few file stroke later(When I say few It only took about 2 stroke with the file) free as a bird!

The side where the screw holes that hold the primer assembly on the 550 had a very slight bulge on the inside face ( The Dillon tech said they tend to do this from time to time.

Just thought I would share this with everyone ,so you all would know the trick if it ever happens to you!

Edited by ghost21

Many people love to suck down the two 5/32 screws and cause the bulging issue. I have fixed the display 550 at a Dillon dealer with that very issue. I tell fellow 550 users to hand tighten, then use the Allen wrench to turn it no more than 1/16 of an turn, just to bump the threads down. I have taken my torque wrench, 5 INCH pounds is sufficient.