Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig SP2022 Sights/Competition

jschweg

Hi folks. I have an SP2022 that I'd like to start shooting in competition with steel and maybe IDPA. I've never shot in competition before (rifles yes, pistols no) and the only thing I'm having issues with are the sights. I understand the whole combat sight picture with the SIG's, but I feel like it's a difficult sight picture for me to shoot really accurately with since I have to cover the target. I would much rather have the bullet going right above the front sight blade like Glocks, etc.

Can anyone suggest some different, nice sights that I could have installed that would do what I want? And would changing the sights prevent me from running in the stock production class?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Edited by jschweg

Dawson Chargers are what I use. They have a variety of heights to get you zero'd.

Cool, I was actually looking at those, do you have the fiber optic ones? They don't specifically list the SP2022, do you just get the general P series ones? What's your point of impact like?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

P-series sights should fit the SP2022 (keeping in mind that some Dawsons need to be fitted). Dawson has a calculator on their website to help you determine what sight height you need (https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/.

In your case, put a dot on a target at whatever distance you want it sighted for, then measure the distance between the current POI and the dot. Enter that into the calculator along with current sight height, sight radius, and target distance, and it should give you the sight height you need to hit the dot with a "target over front sight" picture.

Edited by JAFO

• 2 weeks later...