Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People Who Drive Too Slow.

ipscron2000

I agree 100% w/ Raz-o's post above.

Also, scooter wrote: "What's annoying is the guy or gal who starts going exact the same speed as the car in the next lane and hovers around 1/2 car behind so you can't pass on the right either. And there's no cars in front in that lane for at least a mile. "

Agreed. In addition, such drivers usually sit right in the blind spot while hovering 1/2 car behind; very dangerous practice bourne of ignorance. Many years of riding motorcycles on public roads has made me leary of other driver's blind spots. Seems most automobile drivers are obliovious to the blind spot concept & dangers involved.

D.C. Johnson

www.shootersparadise.com

There are the "type" of driver that do not care how fast or slow you are going. They just take up a position RIGHT behind you or to the side and maintain the position forever. Even worse are those who just have to be a a little ahead of you. They pass then slow down about 5 mph. If you try to pass you will note their 60mph some becomes 75 and when you pull back in behind them the speed once again drops 10 or 15 mph. The Zoned Out Deadhead Driver.

It's dangerous to be driving right next to someone on the interstate because it limits your ability to make an emergency lane change. Sitting 1/2 next to someone, in their blind spot, is worse ---- because they may not see you when they decide to change lanes.

Sitting right next to tractor trailers is worst ---- largely because they're big enough to knock you off the road or fall on top of you in the event of a collision. All of the people who taught me what little I know about driving well, have always emphasized the need to be decisive when executing a pass. No ambling past a convoy at 1 or 2 miles faster than they're travelling; ideally you should be passing them at a speed 8-10 mph faster --- fast enough to be efficient, not so fast that you'll have trouble slowing down in case of an emergency......