Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dickinson Inertia Shotguns?

Bimmer

Like the title says...

At an LGS today I asked whether they sell Stoeger, and they don't, but the salesman steered me towards a Dickinson semi-auto, which he claimed was inertia operated, just like a Benelli or Stoeger...

https://www.dickinsonarms.com/semi-automatics-1.html

Of course, I'm hoping that this is good as an M2 for less than $400...

Given, that's unrealistic, but has anybody heard of Dickinson?

They look a lot like stoeger but seem like they could be overly complicated due to running on inertia or gas, might be worth trying if you could get a magazine tube for it. Honestly though you are only about $150 less than an M3K and that is a proven platform that doesn't need much

Bimmer-

If you obtain one and send it to me, I will evaluate it for 3gun use, open up the port, find or make the right adapter for a mag extension and do whatever custom work you want, for the same price as we would do on a Stoeger. Then I will do a writeup on the forum about what I think of it. The only fly in the ointment is that I have a hip replacement surgery coming up 30 days from now, and I will be on, light duty for a few weeks thereafter. So, if you aren't in a huge hurry I can do a lot of the evaluation during my recovery, but won't be able to do the machine work until the doc releases me back to the shop.

Edit- Looked at their website. The shotguns are made in Huglu, Turkey. Which is where many of the economy guns are coming from the last decade or so. If they are made as well as the Stoegers, they could be solid.

Cody- It isn't one gun that can run gas or inertia, it is a platform available in either operating system. Buy one or the other. Not both in the same gun.

Edited by openclassterror

Bimmer-

If you obtain one and send it to me, I will evaluate it for 3gun use, open up the port, find or make the right adapter for a mag extension and do whatever custom work you want, for the same price as we would do on a Stoeger. Then I will do a writeup on the forum about what I think of it. The only fly in the ointment is that I have a hip replacement surgery coming up 30 days from now, and I will be on, light duty for a few weeks thereafter. So, if you aren't in a huge hurry I can do a lot of the evaluation during my recovery, but won't be able to do the machine work until the doc releases me back to the shop.

Edit- Looked at their website. The shotguns are made in Huglu, Turkey. Which is where many of the economy guns are coming from the last decade or so. If they are made as well as the Stoegers, they could be solid.

Cody- It isn't one gun that can run gas or inertia, it is a platform available in either operating system. Buy one or the other. Not both in the same gun.

Ahh, I must have missed something when I was reading, thanks for clearing that up