Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

140mm Springs

JamesLovesJammie

Hello.

I have been running a 75B .40 S&W converted to SAO in Limited. I am using 12 round Mecgar tubes, CZ Custom extended basepads, and CZ Custom 10 coil spring/follower combo. I can load to 16, but load to 15 for reliability issues. I leave the magazines unloaded between matches.

I've been running this mag setup since June. We are a small club and shoot once a month. The past two matches I have had issues with rounds nosediving on full magazines. I know this is typical of weak magazine springs.

My questions is: how long should these magazine springs maintain tension for? I have stock Mecgar mags/springs that have been in use since 2008 with no issues. Could the 13 round spring be used? I'm sacrificing 1 round as it is. Could I use the longer spring for extra tension and still maintain 15 rounds?

I need to figure out how I can sneak a TS Orange past my wife and be done with it.

Just tell your wife you've had the Orange for years. As an alternative, do what I do. Take the price of the new gun, double it and spend that on jewelry. This is how I stick to Production.

Edited by Smitty79