Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odin Works Atlas brake

AFguywhoshoots

So I just got my new Odin Works Atlas brake. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but hopefully will this weekend. It was easy to install and didn't require a crush washer or shim. I am looking forward to when they release the sleeves with no cuts on them so I can play around with some different configurations. I will do a full range report once I shoot it.

post-55860-0-68060100-1455322953_thumb.j

post-55860-0-72686000-1455322964_thumb.j

post-55860-0-73382400-1455322980_thumb.j

I picked one up as well for a side charger build I'm doing. Looking forward to your report. I'm running out of funds quicker than I'm running out of needed parts so it may be some time before I get mine running

Edited by Singletracker

Well I got to take mine out last week and give it a shot. I started out on a bipod as I had just remounted my scope. The first thing I noticed it was the noise difference. I was shooting under an awning and with the Seekins break, I had to wear double hearing protection when I was shooting under cover, I didn't have to double up with the Atlas. After I got it sighted in, I loaded up a few and did a few double taps. I think this is on par with the Seekins break for muzzle control. I am going to try it at my next match but so far I am happy with it. I am excited about the do it yourself sleeve as well, as I would like to play with some poppel holes. and different cuts.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran mine at an indoor range trying to sight in my rifle. It was a Murphy's law day. I'm using a voodoo ultra light barrel on a spikes lower. ASA side charger upper. I was all over the paper. No rhyme or reason. I noticed a lot of flash but it was pretty dark on the line. Going back with my sled to try to take me out of the equation. Not sure if the brake does not play well with the u.l. barrel or there is something else wonky

Edited by Singletracker

The website says 4.1 Oz on the Atlas. I am not sure of weight on the Seekins. I shot the monthly 3 gun match with the break yesterday. I really like it so far. The gun stays super flat. I will say that I think this is really comparable to the Seekins brake. They both do the same thing and either would be an excellent choice. The only reason I changed mine from the Seekins is I like new gear and ideas, and wanted to give it a try. I do like it enough to stick with it and not got back though.

Edited by AFguywhoshoots

Finished 2nd in Practical and would have been 1st if I hadn't forgot a mandatory reload on a classifier. So far I really like the Atlas. It's shoots very flat and isn't very loud/blasty compared to other brakes I've used. I haven't experimented with clocking or tuning the shroud but TDC seems to work pretty good for me.

Edited by triggerman300