Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the LIMITED XTREME CUSTOM worth extra $800?

Mx556

Ok they do. Good to see. Pic was really small and dark. I couldn't make them out. Seems odd not to have a magwell. Not to piss and moan. I think for 1700 I'll build one. I'm still looking at the limited xtreme. Idk. I guess I'm still a bit torn.

Better pic. It seems odd. The hunter is a great platform for a 6 in limited gun. If they offered this with the magwell, fiber optic front sight and everything that they have in the limited xtreme it would be a huge seller I would imagine.

Ok they do. Good to see. Pic was really small and dark. I couldn't make them out. Seems odd not to have a magwell. Not to piss and moan. I think for 1700 I'll build one. I'm still looking at the limited xtreme. Idk. I guess I'm still a bit torn.

So you are right some of them are coming without slide cuts.. I don't know what there thinking is ..

B0634133-E554-4663-98E8-90F8308BE625.jpg

Edited by Mx556

Pretty much. I'm sure the 3 pads are included in the price tag. Still.... why make a 140 ish pad (extended pad) with no capacity gain. I guess I don't get the euro market

They are but it's just something else to replace .. Why not sell it with +4 for base pads

Well, the EG xtreme pads add capacity. Idk if it's a mistake or if they ate selling solid version of the pads. Still a bit odd

From Ben Stoegers website

"Fits IPSC box in Standard Division, with Original spring and follower with no modifications, reach 17 rounds in .40SW"

http://benstoegerproshop.com/egd-xtreme-eaa-tanfogolio-witness-base-pad-basepad-by-eric-grauffel/

My question is, what different parts are in the "extreme" model? Are they quality parts, or are they a BS sales pitch advertised "custom" that runs down an assembly line and just gets different parts? Is a guy going to be satisfied with the extreme parts, or will he be replacing them with Henning parts anyway, and should have just got the limited and put the parts in it?

it's the one you describe as "BS sales pitch advertised "custom" that runs down an assembly line and just gets different parts".

The parts themselves are ok, but don't be mistaken for thinking it's a super hand built gun. the DA trigger will still be 10lb and SA about 4lb.

There's nothing wrong with the extreme parts and for production it's not likely you'd replace anything bar the springs but you still need to do some fitting/polishing if you want a decent trigger out of it. Even the extreme models are not fanastic in the trigger department out of the box (at least not in my experience with the S2X and S3X). they have all the nice gear but need some work to get a decent trigger.

The reason you're seeing pics of the gold match xtreme (6inch gun) and limited custom xtreme with and without cuts is that for some reason for years the US market guns don't get the lightened slides.

everywhere else in the world (EU, canada, australia, etc) the limited custom and gold match/hunter come with nice long coffin cuts/ball cuts in the slide just like the gold custom/gold team does. I'm not sure why they chose not to do that in the US? I know when Chalee was shooting limiteds he had his slides cut in a similar way they do them for other markets. it definitely improves the feel of the gun.

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I'm very late with my follow up but i've just been too damn busy enjoying this gun. Here are some quick detail pictures as promised. Although the gun was very smooth out of the box, I have to tinker so I have now taken it all apart and done some touch up polishing and replaced some springs with lighter. Trigger was a very smooth 9 lbs/ 4 lbs DA/SA. It now comes in at a 7 lb./ 2.8 lbs. DA/SA. Plus I now have carnal knowledge of the gun. (I never feel connected until I take it apart.) The trigger bar, trigger plunger, and entire sear assembly are polished well from the factory. Truth is most of my improvements were from the springs. I was able to clean up and smooth out the mag release a bit better.

Besides the polishing, to my knowledge, the firing pin, trigger plunger, entire sear assembly, hammer, recoil rod, and all springs are extreme (from the custom shop) parts. The recoil rod is the tapered cone type which spreads the load across the contact point on the frame much better. Of course the sights are also upgraded - fully adjustable LPA rear and fiber optic front.

Note - these grips are not factory. The are "Tanfo Scales". The OE grips were machined aluminum and were very beautiful and grippy but too thin for my taste. These fill my hand much better.

I have mixed feelings about the finish. It looks beautiful when clean. But because it is slightly rough (think 1000 grit paper) it scuffs every time you put in or take out of the holster. If you get a drop of oil on it you better work the whole thing or you'll have one shiny spot and the rest almost "flat".

Love this gun - and I shoot better with it than anything I have ever owned.

post-62864-0-06021500-1457406932_thumb.j

post-62864-0-03893400-1457406939_thumb.j

post-62864-0-99306400-1457406946_thumb.j

post-62864-0-22290900-1457406955_thumb.j

post-62864-0-37413500-1457406966_thumb.j

post-62864-0-66163700-1457406975_thumb.j

post-62864-0-81473200-1457406982_thumb.j

post-62864-0-13560000-1457406988_thumb.j

post-62864-0-87698900-1457406996_thumb.j

post-62864-0-12817900-1457407003_thumb.j

Edited by Stevec717

Forgot - one more..It also comes with 4 Magazines with aluminum EG base pads. These are nicely made and help it drop out a little quicker. Also I had to get over these getting dinged up hitting the concrete or gravel during a stage, but they are very durable and won't break like I've seen happen to plastic or sheet metal base pads. It also comes with a very deluxe case and cleaning kit. Which seems very impressive until you get it home and put the case to sleep with all your other gun cases in the closet. But, If you like to use the original cases to go to the range, this is a very nice one.

Sorry for the dirty gin - maybe next time I do the full salon cleaning, I can take some glamor shots..... :cheers:

post-62864-0-27857800-1457408036_thumb.j

post-62864-0-64184000-1457408045_thumb.j

post-62864-0-10405800-1457408058_thumb.j

Edited by Stevec717

• 3 weeks later...