Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extractor X5

rfoil007

Has some one sent their X5 to Buce Gray for extractor problem fix? My X5 AR is not catching spent round in chamber. The video on his sight shows shell bouncing as it comes out. My extractor is missing shell casing.giving me a double feed. Does his fix work on this problem? Does his fix really work? Love gun but this is driving me crazy.

While my X5 AR has thankfully not experienced the dreaded extraction problem, I have two friends who have had theirs fixed by GGI and it solved the problem. One of them had to return it after several years and I don't know how many thousands of rounds because he wore out the extractor, but they fixed it.

• 3 weeks later...

The two X5ARs in the video on the GGI website are mine. The black gun had always had an issue with extracting consistently but it did always extract. Bruce tuned the extractor and while it still wasn't perfect it did extract more consistently. The silver gun was having the same problem as the OPs gun prior to having the GGI extractor installed. As shown in the video the GGI extractor solved that problem.

As a side note the claw on the extractor in the black gun did eventually break and I went ahead and had GGI install one of their extractors in it instead of just installing a new factory extractor. So I now three of my five X5s have the GGI extractors.

Edited by staudacher