Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any reviews on the Obsidian Arms Thunder Brake Compensator?

Novock

I like the look of this brake for my 3 gun rifle. It looks almost like a 2 chamber SJC.... nice and short (for my 18"gun) relatively inexpensive.

Anybody run one?

Edited by Novock

I just got one of these in for testing so I can let you know soon on performance. Obsidian Arms is a small shop run by a very friendly and helpful husband and wife team. They turn out some really nice and very well priced ARs and accessories. I have been using their P320 base pads for the last year and love them.

I think this brake has a lot of potential. It's priced at $55 ( http://www.obsidianarms.com/product-p/oatbc.htm) which is an extremely good value and like some of the more popular brakes it's tunable through drilling out the top ports. I will try to get some video of shooting it but might not be able to for a week because of Shot Show. Here is a better picture showing the chambers:

0JomDna.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That does look nice. I love my sjc, but its 3" long and makes my 16" gun as long as my 18" spr type build with a nordic corvette comp. (I do love the look of the nordic comp on the nordic barrel as it matches perfectly and looks like a professional blending)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some poor quality video I took of my first rounds through this brake. The rifle is a basic 16" M4 style with Carbine length gas and full mass BCG and recoil system. It shot very flat and felt soft. During the mag dump you can see that I still get pushed back a bit but everything felt good and I had no issues keeping double taps inside the A zone.

Edited by alma