Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Grips

Greg T

It has been recomende to me to send the grips from an STI to KIDD. They charge $85.00 to reduce the grip size. the ad says it will be smaller than a single stck grip.

My question: Is there enough material to tke off, and if so how strong will the grips be afterward? It is my girlfriends gun. I can't find any info other than KiDDs ad.

Greg T

As far as making a grip smaller than a single stack... I would have to see that to believe it. Only so much material can be removed without the possibility of a catastrophic failure in one way, shape, form or fashion.

All I need is a tracing on your shooting hand (girlfriends hand) with the fingers spread.

I can make the grip smaller or larger dependent on individual requirements, texture it to about any degree of roughness.

I also include blending for a magwell, logo on or off and several other options, not to mention paint.

I even still fix those nasty little cracks that sometimes occur in an otherwise good grip. No repeat failures that we have been made aware of so far.

Thanks guys, for the good plug!

347 693 8661

573 759 7331

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my STI (shot last weekend). It measures 1.260 across the grips with Eric's Tru-Grip installed. My Gold Cup is 1.290. Front to back is very close, but is difficult to get a good measurement with disassembly.

Larry